Rain or shine, EarthFest 2015 will be held on Saturday, April 18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the World’s Fair Park performance lawn in downtown Knoxville. There will be over 100 exhibitors and attractions, and as always, it’s a free, zero-waste event for the whole family, including your pets.
Over the past 16 years, EarthFest has become East Tennessee’s premier Earth Day event. And it’s not simply a celebration of the planet. From an interactive educational scavenger hunt and vintage pop-up clothing shop, to kid-friendly activities and a fuel-efficient car showcase, EarthFest has something for everyone.
In addition to three live bands, this year’s EarthFest will feature entertainment by Max A. Pooch, a unique dog who enjoys cleaning up litter and promoting recycling. He will demonstrate his talents throughout the day with litter clean up performances and routines.
Other onsite events and activities will include:
- Live music on the stage:
- Noon to 1:30 p.m. Kirk Fleta (folk)
- 2 to 3:30 p.m. Dixieghost (Americana)
- 4 to 5:30 p.m. Baseball the Band (funk)
- Educational scavenger hunt for a chance to win prizes
- Youth area with free kids crafts
- 10 reuse crafts, face painting and coloring table
- Knox County Schools reuse art show
- Envirocharacters will lead parades at noon, 2, 4 and 6 p.m.
- Drum circles at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Fuel-efficient car showcase organized by East Tennessee Clean Fuels
- Great Cloth Diaper Change from 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Goodwill pop-up clothing shop
- Medic blood drive and organ donor sign up
- Free tree and shrub giveaway by the Town of Farragut Stormwater Matters and sustainability programs (Virginia Pine, Silky Dogwood, native Sweet Pecan, Buttonbush, and Indigobush while supplies last)
- Mercury thermometer exchange by the City of Knoxville Solid Waste Department
- Incandescent light bulb exchange by KUB (exchange for a new CFL bulb)
For more information, including a detailed list of sponsors, bands, onsite events and scavenger hunt prizes, visit www.knox-earthfest.org.