Enjoy Boomsday on Saturday, Aug. 30 – the nation’s largest Labor Day weekend fireworks show in the country – with 400,000 of your friends and neighbors.
The festivities are centered along Neyland Drive at Volunteer Landing, and the following roads will be closed for Boomsday activities this weekend:
Friday, Aug. 29, to Sunday, Aug. 31
n Neyland Drive – Westbound and eastbound lanes from Lake Loudoun Boulevard to Walnut Street will be closed from 7 p.m. on Friday until midnight on Sunday.
n Henley Bridge – The bridge between Hill and Blount avenues will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Sunday.
Saturday, Aug. 30
* James White Parkway exit to Cumberland Avenue – 3 p.m.
* Central Street at Main Street – 3 p.m.
* Locust Street at Front Avenue (prevents traffic from entering Neyland Drive) – 4 p.m.
* Hall of Fame Drive ramp to Neyland Drive – 4 p.m.
* Gay Street Bridge closes to pedestrians as well as to vehicles – 8:30 p.m.
* Poplar Street at Main Street – 8:30 p.m.
Except for Neyland Drive and Henley Bridge, streets will reopen after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Other closures to note:
* There will be no access to Summit Hill Drive from State Street at Hill Avenue.
* City Side Drive and Rocky Shore Drive at City View will be closed for the event. No public viewing access will be available at the City View shore or docks.
Special event parking will be available at the Dwight Kessel Garage, Locust Street Garage and City County Building Garage for $5. Complimentary parking will be available at the Market Square Garage and State Street Garage.
The City County Building Garage will open at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 30. The L-3 open air deck will be reserved for an ADA Accessible Viewing Area that will include parking and viewing (with an appropriate vehicle permit).
All University of Tennessee parking lots and garages will be open for general public parking for a fee of $10. Look for special event signs.
Accessible parking for persons with disabilities on the west end entrance into the event will be available on the University of Tennessee campus, with proper placard or license plate on a vehicle, at S-23 (west corner of Lake Loudoun Boulevard and Neyland Drive) and in parking garage G-10.
The Knoxville Civic Coliseum garages will be open for parking for a fee of $5 per vehicle.
Overnight parking for recreational vehicles will be available at Garage C next to the Civic Coliseum. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis, as there is not a pre-arrival reservation system. Fees are $50 per night for a space with full hook-ups and $25 per night for a space with no hook-ups.
Due to the Neyland Drive road closure, parking areas with Neyland Drive access only will not be open for parking.
For more information on Boomsday events and the schedule – as well as tips for what to bring and what to leave at home, boating rules, and photo galleries – visit http://boomsday.org/#/home.