Winner receives recording trip to Nashville
Knox County Schools Career Technical Education (CTE) program is hosting its fourth annual “CTE goes Live” at 7 p.m. Friday, May 2 on Market Square. The event will be broadcast LIVE on MyVLT. The winner will receive a trip to Nashville to professionally record a song at Nash10 Studios.
2013 CTE goes Live winner Logan Murrell, will sing at 6:45 and will open the live television broadcast.
Contestants have won from their respective high school’s competition, and will compete to be the overall CTE goes Live winner. Those showcased have participated in photo shoots, radio interviews, learned choreography and had dress rehearsals in support of the event. The audience can cast their votes by “liking” the contestant on the CTE Goes Live Facebook page at any time during the event. “Likes” will count for 10 percent of votes. A celebrity judging panel will support the remaining 90 percent of voting, and will include: Anthony Bell of Bell Properties & Razer Media; Ted Hall, anchor with WVLT-Volunteer TV; John Wright, Coca-Cola; Carla Munger, vice president at Pinnacle Bank; Andrew Carlton, Nash10 Studios.
Jack Ryan with Merle FM 96.7 will host the event and Tracey LaBelle-Speeks, with Stellar Vision & Sound, will co-host.
CTE classes get hands-on experience in helping to plan the event in a variety of ways, including design/production of promotional posters and flyers, photography, production of public service announcements on school-based radio stations WKCS 91.1 FM and Retro Radio, stage construction, cosmetology through hair and make-up, and video production services.
If you are unable to attend CTE goes Live on Market Square, it will be streamed live on the web on Retro Radio.
Special thanks are extended to sponsors for supporting CTE goes Live this year: Scion Knoxville – Title Sponsor, Toyota Knoxville, Lexus of Knoxville, Stellar Vision & Sound, McGaha Electric, Pilot, Coca-Coca, MyVLT, M&M Production, B&B Salon, North Knoxville Business & Professional Association, Merle FM, CTE Foundation, and Texas Roadhouse.
For more information, visit knoxschools.org. Please note that two or more Board of Education members could be present.